A San Diego Auto Insurance Update
Using an agent is the best way to shop for auto insurance. San Diego Auto Insurance is the perfect solution to protect yourself and your family. Auto insurance can also protect you from car theft, accidents, and more.
Auto Insurance Provides:
- Bodily Injury Liability– covers injuries to others caused by the policyholder while operating a vehicle.
- Property Damage Liability – covers damages caused to someone else’s property by the policyholder while operating an automobile.
- Collision – insures the policyholder from loss during a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive – covers you if your car is damaged by anything other than collision (example fire, theft, or vandalism).
- Medical Payments – if you need to pay for an injury for yourself or a passenger.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection – covers medical treatment of the policyholder’s injuries in the event of a collision with an uninsured driver.
- Rental car coverage
- Driving other cars
- Loss of use
- Special equipment
- Personal effects
- New car benefits
We Help You Save Money
When it comes to purchasing auto insurance, having options can be a very important way to save money. We know and understand the auto insurance market.
This allows us to provide you with the best possible combination of pricing, coverage, and service—which is our goal.
Auto insurance rates differ from company to company, so it really pays to have us shop your insurance. Some markets offer better rates for trucks, RV’s, or campers, while others can offer better rates for motorcycles.
How to Reduce Your Auto Premium
There are many things you can do to keep your auto rates at the lowest level possible.
- Review your deductibles.
- Have your student get good grades. Most major insurance companies offer a discount for students in good academic standing.
- Select a safe car. The more expensive the car, the higher the premiums. Check out which cars are popular with thieves.
- Be a safe driver. The more accidents and tickets you have, the higher the premiums will be.
- Be loyal. Many auto insurance companies offer loyalty discounts if you stay with them over time.
- Check for other auto insurance discounts. These might include taking safe driver courses, senior discounts, and more.
A permissive user would be a third party; someone you give permission to use your car, such as a co-worker. Auto insurance policies are not equal, and you should be aware that some auto insurance coverage may limit permissive users. The hidden danger occurs when the person you permitted to use your car then allows another person to use the car without your knowledge.
Before you lend your car to anyone, you should review your coverage or contact our office and have us provide an analysis for you. The following claim involved an accident involving a non-permissive user. Please note this was not one of our clients.
The case concerned two vehicles involved in an auto accident. The driver of one of the vehicles was the teenage boyfriend of the insured’s daughter. He was driving the insured’s vehicle without the insured’s permission. In addition, the teenage male did not have any automobile insurance coverage of his own. The driver of the other vehicle was injured, and the investigation revealed that the teenage male was at fault. As a result, the owner’s insurance company was attempting to deny the claim, stating the responsible driver did not have permission to drive, therefore limiting coverage. Fortunately, the courts ruled against the insurance company and the claim was eventually paid.
Just Who Is Covered to Drive Your Vehicle?'
e automobile insurance policy, listed by category on the policy (i.e., household member), or fall under the category of a permissive user. A permissive user is someone you give permission to drive your vehicle. Some examples might be:
- A family member not living in the household
- A Mechanic
- Your Neighbor
- Someone who is test driving the vehicle prior to purchase
Every Day Insurance is committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
All of us at Every Day Insurance truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.